February Meeting with Instructor
… a resource page for Toronto PPG1007
Each student in Section I of PPG1007 is expected to schedule a 30-minute meeting with the instructor sometime in February, preferably between 9 am and 1:30 pm on 5 February, 7 February, or 14 February.
Students should email firstname.lastname@example.org with their preferred time before class on 31 January.
Proposed agenda for the meeting
- Reflections on the term and the course so far
- Experience with the Concept Comprehension Quizzes for PPG1007 Strategic Implementation
- Estimated time devoted to the course each week
- Proposed approach to putting student briefing notes on the Atlas – see second column of table in First Nations Drinking Water where Shoal_Lake_BN1_AW.pdf is now posted
- Proposed marking rubric for Briefing Note 1 (total 15%)
- 3% consultation and research effort
- 3% identifying the implementation challenges
- 3% providing new information or ideas for the DG
- 3% writing clarity, conciseness, and absence of typos
- 1% sensitivity to wider audiences
- 1% following format instructions, including filename
- 1% look and feel of the briefing note
- Mechanisms to achieve fair grading relative to other sections of PPG1007 with their choice of two cases: 1) Legalizing Cannabis and Implementing Cannabis Retailing in Ontario; and 2) Assessing the Effectiveness of the Inquiry Into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women to date and Potential Reforms
- Feedback on Briefing Note 1 and next steps to posting a pdf
- Approach to Briefing Note 2, in light of Briefing Note 1 and the three keys to sustainability identified on 31 January (human capital, regional institutions, and moral authority)
- Thoughts on Minister’s Briefing Cases for PPG1007 Section I – for comparison, the cases in the other sections are: 1) Reform of solitary confinement practises in Ontario; 2) Ontario’s response to a new national housing benefit; 3) Review of Temporary Foreign Workers Program; 4) Support for the news industry; 5) Revisions to the Canada Food Guide
- Thoughts on Munk Amalgamation Student Initiative
- Other matters
Page created by: Ian Clark, last modified 3 February 2018.