Centre vs. Periphery
There are a host of dimensions on which the perspective of “the centre” of government can differ from that of other parts of government.
- National vs. Regional Interests
- Whole-of-Government vs. Sectoral Priorities
- Longer Term vs. Shorter Term Impacts
- Control vs. Initiative
- Rule-following vs. Results
Some of these are institutionalized in the dynamics of:
They are related to the dynamics of:
- Political vs. Administrative
- Political Executive vs. Civil Service
- Policy vs. Operational
Atlas topic, subject, and course
Page created by: Ian Clark, last modified on 28 August 2016.