Using the Atlas
Ways to use the topic and concept databases
As noted in About, we hope the Atlas will be useful to those who wish to teach, or assess, or learn curricular content in MPP and MPA programs.
Potential applications include:
Prospective students and interested citizens
- Using the Atlas to Prepare for an MPP or MPA Program
- Using the Atlas for an Introduction to How Government Works in Canada
Students and graduates
- Using the Atlas to Refresh a Syllabus
- Using the Atlas to Supplement Course Readings
- Using the Atlas to Flip the Classroom
- Using the Atlas to Detect Curricular Gaps and Overlaps
- Using the Atlas to Fill Curricular Gaps
- Using the Atlas to Raise Academic Standards
- Using the Atlas for Preparatory Instruction
- Using the Atlas to Develop Executive Education Offerings
Navigation and Search
The structure of the Atlas is described in About. The search window on the left navigation bar provides returns to search items that appear anywhere on a page. Standard search conventions apply:
- terms separated by spaces results in an “All of these words (in any order, anywhere on the page)” search
- terms enclosed in quotation marks results in a “This exact phrase” (word string) search.
Page created by: Ian Clark, last modified 9 September 2018.
Image: IBK Business Incubator, at http://inkubatori.rda-korca.org/, accessed 24 April 2016.