Resource Persons for First Nation Cases
… a resource page for Toronto PPG1007
People willing to respond to PPG1007 students
The following individuals have expressed a willingness to respond to inquiries from students in PPG1007 on matters that may be relevant to cases on First Nations Drinking Water case and the Minster’s Briefing Cases for PPG1007 Section I.
- Rob Dowler, Adjunct Professor, University of Toronto Graduate Program in Planning, and former Ontario ADM and Chair of the Ring of Fire Infrastructure Development Corporation. See http://geography-dev.lamp.utoronto.ca/profiles/rob-dowler/.
- Andrew Graham, Adjunct Professor at Queen’s School of Policy Studies and National Editor of the Case Study Program and IPAC. See http://www.andrewbgraham.ca/.
- Mike Joyce, Adjunct Professor at Queen’s School of Policy Studies and Member of the Audit Committee and the Evaluation, Performance Management, and Review Committee at INAC. See http://www.queensu.ca/sps/mike-joyce.
- Catherine MacQuarrie, IPAC’s Senior Executive in Residence, Indigenous Government Programs, at Carleton’s School of Public Policy and Administration, and former Assistant Secretary in the Privy Council Office. See https://www.linkedin.com/in/catherine-macquarrie-a4199393/.
- James Mitchell, Senior Fellow at University of Ottawa’s Graduate School of Public and International Affairs, Chair of the Audit Committee for Health Canada and former Assistant Secretary to the Cabinet, Machinery of Government. See https://socialsciences.uottawa.ca/public-international-affairs/people/mitchell-james.
- Alison Pilla, Senior Fellow at SPPG and Assistant Deputy Minister in the Ontario Ministry of Environment and Climate Change, and former Assistant Deputy Minister in the Ontario Ministry of Aboriginal Affairs. See http://publicpolicy.utoronto.ca/alison-pilla/ and http://www.infogo.gov.on.ca/infogo/home.html#empProfile/209189/en.
- Bob Rae, Distinguished Senior Fellow at SPPG, former Premier of Ontario, and chief negotiator for First Nations in talks with the Ontario government about development of the Ring of Fire. See http://publicpolicy.utoronto.ca/bob-rae/.
- Douglas Sanderson, Associate Professor at University of Toronto’s Faculty of Law and a member of the Opaskwayak Cree Nation. See https://www.law.utoronto.ca/faculty-staff/full-time-faculty/douglas-sanderson.
- Robert St. Pierre, MPP2017 graduate and Policy Analyst, Office of the Regional Director General – Ontario Region, Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada. Contact: email@example.com and (416) 973-1270. See also https://www.linkedin.com/in/robert-st-pierre-b4a8b9113/.
- Kim Scott, Principal, Kishk Anaquot Health Research and AKI Resources, Co-Chair of the Indigenous Clean Energy Social Entreprise, and advisor at Kitigan Zibi Anishinabeg (First Nation). See https://www.linkedin.com/in/kim-scott-msc-5133753/.
- Harry Swain, Former INAC Deputy Minister and former Chair of the Expert Panel on Safe Drinking Water for First Nations. See https://www.uvic.ca/research/centres/globalstudies/people/associate-fellows/swainharry.php and for a 5-minute video with 1.6 million views see Cutting Through the Spin on the Site C Dam with Harry Swain.
- Kristen Young, MPP2018 student and former Evaluation Intern in the Ontario Regional Office of INAC. See https://www.linkedin.com/in/kristen-young-02665910b/.
These are busy people. Please arrange telephone conversations in advance through their email contacts listed on the links above.
Page created by: Ian Clark, last modified 17 February 2018.